Tuesday 7 December 2010

Festive Favourites - DIY Scented Decorations

Hello Dolls

So one of my fave things about the holiday season is the lovely Christmassy scent of Oranges and spices!
Making these orange decorations has been a family tradition, such a fun way to spend a cold afternoon & so much cheaper than buying Christmas scented decorations

You will need -

Large oranges


Cloves


Sparkly ribbon
Pins


These are so simple to make -

1 . Section the orange with the ribbon and secure with pins & tie a bow at the top so you can hang them



2. Simply push cloves into the orange in a pattern




Hang your decorations from your tree or dot them around for a seasonal scented room!



Don't fear - The cloves are antiseptic and stop the orange from going mouldy

Darling Tip - These make lovely presents for neighbours and they keep for such a long time, we still have some from Christmas's over a year ago!

What do you girls think?
Give it a go!
Leave me a comment!

10 Comments:

Kelly said...

I made one of these years ago at a 'Tudor day' when I was in Primary School! I loved the smell of it but I couldn't remember that the small spiky things were called cloves, so I couldn't make them again. I'll definitely make a couple for Christmas now though, thanks! :)
x

Louise - Freckled Elle said...

This is a great idea, wouldn't expect them to last that long!
Gotta get me some cloves!
x

Emma said...

aww these are a cute idea, have you made christingles too? we used to have them in school and they weren't as scented but the candle did the job :)

Joanna. said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I've been wanting to make some this christmas but (sad as it sounds seeing as it looks so simple) I didn't know how :) thanks! xx

Caz said...

I love the smell of Oranges so I might have to try it out!
xx

Marie said...

What a fun project, thanks for sharing.:D That would make any area smell and look good.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Orla Lorenza said...

I made these before, they smell so nice! xx

Unknown said...

ha ha i made mine on tudor day also - i have to say the smell actually gave me the worst headache f my life and still more than a decade on - im scarred! lol x

Mara said...

How BRILLANT.....such an easy and simple gift to give. BTW thanks for following my blog, it means alot to me. :)

Fashion-Geek is 'Oh So Petite'! said...

Very creative.. great job!

My Blog:
http://girlbehindmasquerade.blogspot.com/

My Shop Blog:
http://shopgirlbehindmasquerade.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - I will do my best to reply!