Saturday 20 February 2010

Make your own necklace board!




Now, I'm sure I'm not the only one,but how hard is it storing necklaces?!
I used to drape them over my dressing table mirror, it looked realy glam but it was impossible to keep them untangled and to properly see them.
So i came up with a realy cute way to store your necklaces, you can display themm, its super easy and cheap to do and you can customize it!

You will need ..
A pinboard
Poster paint/Wall paint/Spray paint/Pictures - Something to decorate the board with
Nails/pins
Paintbrush
Newspaper


How to do it..




Lay your clean board on newspaper and basically just start decorating it, have fun!





I used a pastel pink wall emulsion paint, to match my room.
You will probably have to use two coats of paint, as the cork absorbs the paint.
Leave it to dry overnight, and then stick in pins/nails and hang your necklaces.
You will then need to hammer a nail into your wall so you can hang it up!





I hope you guys enjoyed this, and I have inspired you to make your own!
Comment me or do a post showing me your own!

Love

21 Comments:

Katie Hayward said...

Such a cute idea :D

Lots of love,
Katie
xoxo

LanguageTimothy said...

So cute, I need to do this :D

Darling Heart said...

Awh thanks ladies!
(:

Jo said...

beautiful! I will jock haha :)

Helennn♥ said...

i found aneasier idea :L
use you know those coat hanger sorta metal ones that you just place on the top of doors?
yeah use that :L x

Irene Blushing Loves said...

Lovely idea!!

*Peonies and lilies* said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing x

BooJenkinson said...

how lovely is this? love it! x

Shannon Marie said...

Such a cute idea, i am going to try this(:
xx

tennille said...

this is a great idea, my necklaces are constantly getting tangled as swell! shall try this xx

Anonymous said...

i think that this is the cutest thing! it displays all your little charms so very well!
delightful!

x

Darling Heart said...

Thankyou so much for your lovely comments, it means so much to me!
x

Nathalie said...

This looks absolutely adorable. What a great idea and it looks so good
*Nathalie

Caitlin said...

Good idea! And all of your necklaces are so cute, i'm jealous! xo

L S F K said...

this is gorgeous!
i will have to give it a go :) xx

Sophie Rebecca said...

so creative! im going to try this out :)

julianne. said...

ohh i love this, soo creative!
xoxox.

A m e l i a x o said...

This is amazing hun! (sorry just stumbled across your blog, its really good) Love this!
xx

Feline said...

thats a great idea!! I have a pinboard like that!
I painted it red once... I like white better now!

thanks ♥

Feline said...

oh btw.. where did you get the necklace with the tiny gun??
I need it!!!! :D

Darling Heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - I will do my best to reply!